
When I left Hawaii (where I had attended CCH for 2 years) in the fall of 1967, I thought the best souvenir would be a quilt. Sweet Aggie Haiku, whom I worked for, had her mother cut and baste the red vine part to the white background for me. It took me almost the next 30 years to applique all the red on to the white. I finally found someone to quilt it. And, last Sunday evening I finished hemming the binding on the edge (as I was listening to President Monson). I cheered, "Forty years, it's done!" Stan answered with, "My dear, you've built yourself a temple!"

9 comments:
You rock, m'dear! Love ya!
I thought it was beautiful when you brought it home 40 years ago! Congratulations! It (and you!) are AMAZING! Marsha
looks fantastic mom!
Sharon, that is absolutely amazing! I love it. 40 years of work.....BEAUTIFUL. Hope you don't mind, but I have to share it with my quilting friend, Shari. Diane Hinckley
Wow! Can't wait to see it!
Magnificent!!!!! It is truly a temple, built lovingly over 40 years. It is an awesome heirloom! Wow, I can't even think of enough good things. I sit here aswestruck.
Kathy
Also, did you really go to CCH for 2 years? Did you work at the PCC?
And, it's beautiful!!
Wow- it's beautiful! It's worth the 40 years it took to finish, especially when you consider that during the 40 years, you supported a husband, raised a family and accomplished so many things! Maybe someday I'll get to see it in person. Way to go Sharon!!
Post a Comment